Tuesday 1 February 2011

Final Poster & Webpage Design

FINAL POSTER:
I have chosen this poster design for a number of reasons.

I think that the use of the red tinted image, is very effective for the horror theme, as it can represent a number of things like death, blood etc... therefore it gives the poster the horror feel.


Also i chose this photograph, as it has a mystery feel to it, which suits our horror film plot well. As the branches slightly hide the character, therefore they have that mystery side, so the audience does not know who it is. It could be an innocent person hiding or the mystery kill hiding/watching. therefore the image creates a lot of questions for the audience and keeps the film a mystery.
From my feedback i found that the red title worked well so I chose to keep it, but to make it more bolder and effective, I have placed it on a plain area, therefore making it more eye catching but as well it does not effetc the image.

Also from my feedback, changed a few things such as, making the title and slogan bigger which therefore made them bolder and more eye catching on the page. I also had feeback about the blank spaces and what could fill some of them, so I decided to add in a small review of the film. which worked very well, and also it gives the audience more information about th film.

FINAL WEBPAGE:
I have chosen this poster design for a number of reasons.

I chose this image as it sets the scene of the film without giving much away, also by adding in a pair of legs next to the person laying on the floor. It tells the audience that it is a horror, but also making it seem mysterious, as you can only see part of the killer. This keeps the film plot and characters a mystery, which is the main point of the film.
I also added coloured lines around the two people; therefore making them bolder to the users from the dark tinted background.

I chose to use a tinted background again like my poster, but instead I made the colour darker which therefore makes it more scary. It also makes the people stand out as they are in colour, which therefore makes the whole background more effective and intresting to the user, when they are on the site.


I also carried on the red text, as from my feedback I found the audience found it very effective. I chose to make the links white as they stand out from the rest of the webpage, therefore making them clearer to the user, but not in a way that effects the dark background effect.

Also from my feedback I changed a few things such as, making the 'Coming soon' text a light purply red colour, which flows with the background. As their was too much white on the page, but my changing the text colour, it made the page more effective, as it made the rest of the white much bolder of the page. I also put a red box around the logos at the bottom, which made them look more proffession and bolder on the page, as a result of the red throught the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment